Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Magical Color of Food


I wonder what the most apetizing color is? Yeah, I mean what color is the most apealing to eat. I am sure there have been psychological type studies on it. There is probably personal preference involved, but there are probably some common trends. I remember as a kid I loved eating blue things--blue popsicles, blue slushies, blue poptarts, blue oatmeal. One of the greates marketing moves of all time would have to be when M&M's replaced their tan with blue.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

When it comes to dessert, I love pink. Thick, sugary, pink frosting on sugar cookies, cakes, cupcakes, you name it. It makes me feel all happy and excited, and if I like the color, I'm more likely to eat it. Like those huge pink frosted cookies you see in the wilk. They're hard for me to resist.

Lizi Dorff said...

I have to favorite colors to eat! Brown cause i like it and blue (my greater favorite) cause it turns my mouth a different color!! I always feel like a little kid when i eat blue things and my mouth turns blue; I love it!

Keith McKay said...

I think the most common are yellow, green and red, because they ellicit feelings of health and nutrition. Plus, they're more asthetically pleasing on a dish of, say, pasta or meat.

Alina said...

I uses to like blue food a lot too! I do remember one time when i went to one of my friend's birthday parties and everything there was green... including the food! His birthday was in March so that kind of gave it some legitimance (is that a word?)